Saturday, March 5, 2011

Carbs are NOT my friend!

At least not in the evenings.  I was doing so well yesterday and then I had some toast with my dinner (felt like "breakfast" for dinner - Egg beaters, canadian bacon, fat free cheese - yummy!) but I figured since I had so many points left for the day and we are supposed to try and use them up it would be OK to add 2 small pieces of toast with butter spray.  Tasted so good I had 1 more.  Then for a "snack" later I had a toasted bagel with peanut butter.  Put me over points for the day.  I know there is a lot more I need to figure out besides just "don't eat carbs in the evening" - there are a lot of other issues in my life I need to work out but I think it will be easier to work on those if I get some of the easy "low hanging fruit" out of the way!

I'm excited for today.  Had a delicious grapefruit for breakfast and in a little bit I'm taking the boys on the train downtown to go explore the Public Market.  It's been years since I've been there and my older son wants to check out Beechers Cheese.  They came to his school this week to talk about healthy eating and types of food and he wants to see their place.  If the weather gets really gusty and bad we'll just detour to the Seattle Public Library - the building itself is a work of art and so much fun to explore.  The draw tho is the childrens section - it's huge and completely separate from the rest of the library so kids can be kids and it has a toddler play area for the little one to play in.   I think getting out of the house and walking around (as long as I avoid any non-healthy samples at the market - looking forward to the fuit & veggies!) will be good.  I need to switch up my routine if I want my changes to take hold and actually start losing weight!

1 comment:

  1. Switching it up is key to any exercise routine. Honestly, people get all hyped up and crazy when it comes to losing weight but in reality subtle changes are what makes the biggest difference.

    Measuring your portions, for instance. Go ahead and eat the same foods (For now) but eat less of it. Or take the stairs, walk at a quicker pace than normal, jog from the car to the house, or just play. You don't need a gym or a fitness routine to start your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete