Thursday, March 3, 2011

Well evenings are certainly a problem.

I will do really well throughout the day but then once evening hits I just start eating.  I’ll start off well enough but then it just spirals out of control.  Last night I had a small portion of this pasta dish I made.  It has a lot of cheese so is 9 points for a cup, but it’s very satisfying so to me it’s worth the higher points value.  A little later I wanted some avocado so I cut a small slice.  Well that tasted so good I took the rest, mashed it up in a bowl with some lemon juice, grabbed a handful of tortilla chips and ate that too.  Now at this point I was 2 points over my daily allowance, not great but not a disaster – I mean, that’s what the extra weekly points are for, right?  But then just before I headed off to bed I felt the need to eat 3 Girl Scout cookies which were another 12 points.  I thought I was being smart by only buying the Samoas because I don’t like those.  Last night I guess that didn’t matter.  So not only am I just eating anything I see in the evenings, but I’m doing it and then just going to bed.  That’s like a triple whammy of nooooooo!!! 

I’m also trying to be more concerned with calories even though I know WW doesn’t use calories in figuring out points values any more.  Trimming 3500 calories out of your diet every week can result in a 1lb loss so in theory if I cut my caloric intake to 1300-1500 calories a day I should be able to get 2-3 pounds a week.  Events like last night don’t really help with that!

Now I KNOW I’m not the only one that has this particular problem so I’d really like to hear your thoughts, hints and ideas to help me through this. 

Tomorrows musings: exercise

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing in the evenings, particularly if I'm not busy doing something. I try to keep washed/cut up fruit and veggies at the ready so if you must grab something, it's something healthy. I also try to keep my hands busy when I'm feeling weak. Paint your nails, play with the kids, crochet, plan your food for the the next day, organize something...those are things I do anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete