Monday, March 7, 2011

I guess I'll see how it went!

I was really proud of myself for how well I did at the Pike Place Market on Saturday.  I stayed away from most of the junk.  I did share a very hearty grilled cheese sandwich, but I only had 1/3 of it and the rest of what I had were fruit & veggie samples and a handful of nuts.  I admit I had half of one small personal cheesecake (about the size of a tangelo) from The Confectional but still I stayed within my points for the day.   My boys and I did a LOT of walking around and we were all bushed by the time we got home at the end of the day.

SUNDAY, however, was a different story.  I started off well enough but by the end of the day had not just gone off track, but had crashed and burned at the bottom of a ravine.   Ugh – and the day before weigh in too!  WHY the heck do I sabatoge myself like that?  What reason could I possibly have for wanting to stay fat?  I weigh in tonight and can only hope that even though I wasn’t as good as I should be, I was better than I have been so maybe I’ll see a loss. 

2 comments:

  1. A big problem most people have is that once they have cheated they think "oh well, there goes the day" and continue to cheat. It's a cycle that you have to nip before you have days where you "crash and burn". Have your one cheat and then tell yourself "Alright self, listen here. There will be no more of that". haha

    Another thing is you need to stop thinking of it as losing weight but rather changing your lifestyle. It's a mental block that people have and that's the reason why a majority of "diets" fail. It also REALLY helps to find other people who have similar goals as you do to help keep each other on track. It also makes it much more enjoyable to get out and be active and/or go to the gym if you have someone to workout with.

    And my last magic trick (that I use on an hourly basis) is you always always ALWAYS keep a full bottle of water with you. And when you get hungry you have to take one big drink of water and then wait five minutes (time yourself if you have to). The more repetitious you are the more likely it is to be become a habit you don't even have to think about anymore.

    Wait, I have one more trick. Before you put ANYTHING into your mouth you have to consciously think to yourself "why am I eating this?". It sounds crazy but it works. If the answer is "because I'm hungry" or even "because I want a treat" then proceed. But if the answer is something along the lines of "I'm bored." or "I don't know". Then put it down, tell yourself, "Nope, you don't need that." and walk away. One thing that I learned in my psychology classes was that is you actually tell yourself (aloud or in your head) something then you are much more likely to follow through with it. But the key is to actually boss yourself around... as weird as that sounds. I do this almost everyday because we have access to burger king, pop eyes, etc and my battles are always wanting to go out for food....

    Yep, that's what I got for now!
    <3 Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brit, I am so glad you are following me! I want to say how very proud of you I am - you are doing so well!

    The sad thing is that I KNOW all these things that you say - I've just been having trouble doing it! But I'm plugging on!

    ReplyDelete