Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Could have been better...

I was having such good results I got lazy.  I have kind of taken the last 2 days "off" - not that I've gone crazy eating or anything but I haven't been real strict about what I eat and I've backed off the exersize.  Tonight I feel it.  I already feel sluggish and tired and fat instead of fat but energized.  At least I recognize it so tomorrow I will get up and Zumba again.  Then it's off to chaperone my oldests class to the Washington History Museum.  That should be fun.  It's been years since I've been down there so it should be interesting. 

I also recognized that part of the laziness both in eating and exersizing came because I was feeling overwhelmed.   Work, home, the boys, my spouses' issues (which he continues to try and put on my shoulders to resolve and even though I won't it's exhausting dealing with him about it), car issues, finances, etc - just kind of all piled up and I felt overwhelmed so I took a shortcut in the easiest area for me: my food and exersize routine. And yet that is the area I need to keep up on because it is what will most help me deal with everything else in my life.  If I am eating healthy and exersizing I will feel strong, capable and far less stressed.  I have to remember that I am making my health a top priority for me and I can't let other issues take that focus away from me.

One thing I have tried to incorporate into my days is what I call "little bursts" - and that is exactly what I do.  I try to throw some extra little thing in whenever I get up from my desk.  When I go to the bathroom I do 10 wall push-ups and 10 dips to help work on my arms (and with the amount of water I drink these days I go to the bathroom at least once an hour); when I have to go downstairs or out on the floor I throw an extra trip up and down the stairs; little things like that.  It's not great concentrated effort but I figure every little bit helps, right?

SO - tomorrow it is back to the Zumba, the "little bursts", and the healthy choices.

1 comment:

  1. I love the "little bursts" idea! I'm going to give that a try!! And, yes, every little bit, definitely, helps! I hope your Zumba class was great!

    ReplyDelete