Monday, May 30, 2011

Productive and Proactive!

I know the day isn't over yet but I have some plans for later in the day and I'm not sure I'll get a chance to post later.  It has been a busy day so far; laundry, cleaning, playing with the boys, etc.  Now my oldest has his friends over and you can't really tell I cleaned the living room but at least I know it STARTED clean!  I also made some steps to set myself up for the week.  Safeway had a BOGO Free on family packs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts so I picked up 2 packs.  I then broke them down into packs of 2 for freezing.  Some I even pre-seasoned so that they will marinate as they defrost when I take them out of the freezer.  I also cleaned and cut a bunch of radishes, celery and carrots and stuck them in containers of water in the fridge; and cut up a bunch of melon and stuck it into the fridge as well.  Now I have quick, easy, healthy snacks and easy dinners set up ready to go for the week.  So far today I have been really good; made a breakfast burrito with Egg Beaters, a little avacado, and a bunch of tomato.  Then for lunch I had tuna on a light english muffin with tomato and radish.  I'm going to try to get on the Wii Fit Plus later today after I kick all the kids out of the house!

I feel good about the choices I have made today so far and I feel like I am setting myself up for a great week.  Talked with my mom today and found out that she and my dad are still planning on coming to visit at some point this summer.  Probably in late June.  That is fantastic in that I miss them terribly (they live in Pennsylvania) and my mom usually tries to cook healthy these days; but she cooks a lot.  I try to tell her to take it easy and not do anything but relax while she is here but bless her heart, she cooks and cleans anyway.  Which I admit, I don't fight too hard.  It is awfully nice to have someone helping me out for a bit!! There is always way too much food and that leads to me overeating and oversnacking.  So I'll need to make sure to plan in advance for that and talk with her about meal ideas that help to support my weight loss efforts while still fulfilling her need to make sure her family is well fed at all times! 

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it feel good to start the day off good?! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete