Sunday, May 29, 2011

Started weak, ended strong.

Stressful day today.  It started out OK but then Mike came by and that really stresses me out and I found myself starting to eat all the wrong things and a lot of them.  I realized what I was doing and with a rather herculean effort managed to make myself stop and do a little exersize, not much but it stopped my binge.  I also got him out of the house with strict instructions that I wouldn't see him until next weekend.  (FYI - Mike is my husband and he isn't living at home right now.  He needs some time to work on some issues he has and to get his life together and I need some time as well.  We try to have a "visitation" during the weekend days so that he and the boys can spend some time together and he and I can work on our relationship too.)  There has been a lot of friction there and too often turn to food to comfort myself.  I simply can't allow that to continue to happen.  I need to be in charge of my life and stop letting anyone elses actions drive my reactions.  Eating myself silly never really makes me feel better and just makes me more unhappy in the end.  It's kind of like swallowing poison yourself and then waiting for the other person to die. Not the most effective way to go about things.

Later, the boys and I went to a friends son's birthday party and yes, I had a little cake and ice cream and 2 small cream puffs (and man was it all delicious!) but I'm not going to beat myself up over that.  I came home and did a little more exersize and simply stopped eating for the night.  Tomorrow already feels like it is going to be a good day.  I have all the right foods in the house and I already have a plan for some exersize.

So while I did overeat today, I feel like I made a lot of progress in standing up for myself and taking control of my life.  Another positive is that I hopped on the scale today and I'm down about 6 pounds from the last time I hopped on that scale - which was a while ago.  My WW meeting is closed tomorrow so I won't have another weigh-in until next Monday.  That gives me time to offset the damage I did to myself today and get a little more weight off before then.  I don't know where my scale at home falls in comparison to the one at my meeting - I know it is off a little.  I keep meaning to come home from my weigh-in at WW and then get on the one at home to compare but I always forget.  So until I manage to remember to do that I just use it as I guide to see if I'm going up or down.  I use my WW weigh-in as my official weight.  So I have another week to continue to push myself and see what kind of progress I can make!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on shutting down that urge to binge by doing some exercise! And great job on losing those 6 pounds, too!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete