Friday, February 18, 2011

Portion Control!!!!

I know this and really so do most of you.  But I just wanted to say it anyway.  I went to an Indian restaurant today for lunch and had the Lamb Palek.  The portion was just right - a small wedge of naan, a bit of saffron rice, some salad (lettuce, tomato and cucumber on the side of the plate - but perfect with the meal) and a small bowl of the lamb/spinach entree.  The whole thing fit on a plate not much larger than a bread plate in most restaurants and it was GOOD.  It satisfied me without allowing me to over-stuff myself and made me feel good about eating it.  I also had way more energy in the afternoon.  Later I realized just how much oil was probably in the Lamb Palek but overall I still think it was a pretty healthy meal.  What struck me was how satisfied I felt even though I had eaten just a small portion of what I usually would. I really need to remember this - I know it, I just don't like to live by it.  I think I'm afraid I'm going to miss out on something but what did I miss here?  Nothing.  I need to adopt more of a "small bites" mentality.  I can still have several different things on my plate - but only a couple of bites of each.  That way I still get to taste all the different flavors but I don't overdo it.  Yeah.  I'll let you know how that goes for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment