Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Downward!

Well I lost 1.8 lbs at my weigh in yesterday.  Of course I'm excited about this because it's a loss, but I was a little disappointed because I had been doing so well that I thought it would be more.  I know, I know - approx 2lbs a week is the safe amount to lose but every once in a while I would like to see one of those affirming 6 or 7lb loss weeks!  So - I should review my week and see what else I can do to improve. 

OK - I've reviewed my week and there are some glaring observations. 
  • I need to stop eating after 8pm.  Period.  I'd like it to be sooner but with work, the kids, getting home and then cooking the meal, etc I'm lucky some nights to eat by 7:30. 
  • Just because I can still stay within my points for the day does not mean I should have a couple of cookies.  I'm pretty sure elevating my calorie count isn't helping me.  I need to stop being "points fooled" - the system works best if I use my points on healthy choices.  Having the cookies once a week might be OK - but not every night. 
  • Exersise.  I got a little more in last week but not a lot.  I need to just find some time to do it.  Yes, it's hard to find the time.  I rarely get to bed before 11 or 11:30 and am usually up by 5:30.  I'll just have to try setting the alarm a little sooner to try and get some exersise in.  
  • Water, water, water.  I drank quite a bit last week but I think I should drink more. 
Beyond that though, I feel really good about the changes I've made and the fact that I lost weight.  It is a step in the right direction.  And considering what people in Japan are facing right now, and people in New Zeland (way overshadowed by Japan but still dealing with their own tragedies) my problems are far more manageable. 
    

3 comments:

  1. I totally feel you on point #2 - last week I had a treat every day and even though it was within my calorie limit, I still felt lousy and didn't see the loss I wanted. This week, I'm scaling it back, and I feel so much better already! ♥ Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey gorgeous, remember that one lb a week is NORMAL, more than 2# after week 3 and you're just losing muscle and water! Do you have any morningstar farms breakfast sausage patties or the riblets in BBQ sauce? They were my friends back before the wheat and soy allergy days! Also awesome are the kashi waffles. I think you're fabulous at any size, but I'm totally supportive of you taking care of your ticker, joints and overall health! Love you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! I really appreciate the suggestions and the support!

    ReplyDelete