Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What a great day!

More specifically, what a great dinner!!  I made spicy garlic bok choy with Gardein "Sirloin" Tips over brown rice and I absolutely loved it!  Had to make sure I only ate one serving though!  I will absolutely be making that again - I really don't care that no one else in the family liked it.  I think that just shows lack of sophisticated taste buds on their part (and no - I don't care that one of them is only 9!!!  :) 

So I didn't make it to my WW meeting this week.  I was feeling just too awful on Monday to get up there.  I thought about going to a meeting tonight just to weigh in, but decided to give it a week.  Maybe then I'll see the slightly larger drop I've been wanting.  I'd also like to know why I am not losing anything in comparison to some other people I know.  I am seeing friends of mine post things like "I lost 3 lbs in one day" or I lost 5lbs this week" - what the heck?  Am I getting up in the middle of the night and going through the Taco Bell drive-through in my sleep or something?  Once again, I KNOW that continued losses like that are not "healthy" and that the losses I've been posting are the "right" way to go - but come on! 

I'm trying to decide what my reward will be for getting to my 10% weight loss.  Maybe a small tattoo, or a makeover.  Of course, the way I'm losing I'll be so old by the time I hit the 10% goal my reward will be a fresh glass to put my dentures in!!  Just kidding - I have great teeth, I won't need dentures!  I'm really looking forward to when my current 24-hour-glass figure gets closer to an 18-hour-glass figure!   

2 comments:

  1. It's can be so hard not seeing a loss - especially when you feel you've been on the right track with everything! But stick with it - the losses will come...and they'll come long before you need dentures!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great, Wendie! Yes, I agree, you have sophisticated taste buds. :) It does take some time though for taste buds to get over the familiarity of things, and to appreciate new flavors, textures, etc. The loss you're seeing is AWESOME! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete